Hector Salazar-Reyes, MD, FACS
Double board certified surgeon
As a Board Certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, he performs his work with integrity and safety.
When it comes to plastic surgery, there is no more valuable quality than a surgeon who cares enough to find the safest procedures. Dr. Salazar-Reyes prides himself on his work ethic and tireless efforts to deliver results that completely satisfy his patients.
If he considers that a patient will not benefit from a particular procedure, he will recommend another based on his technical expertise and professional opinion.
Instead of simply performing any procedure asked of him, he first completes a thorough analysis to determine if and what plastic surgery is appropriate for each unique patient.
Dr. Salazar-Reyes is the founder of Natura Plastic Surgery
Dr. Salazar-Reyes earned his medical degree from the Univeristy of Baja California. He graduated as Summa Cum Laude. Dr. Salazar-Reyes is a fully trained in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery.
In General Surgery, he did his internship in Chicago, Illinois at the University of Illinois Metropolitan Group of Hospitals program. Then, he completed his full residency in General Surgery at the world-renowned Houston Methodist Hospital. In this same institution, he decided to stay for further training and completed a full residency in Plastic Surgery.
At the culmination of his training in both specialties he functioned as Chief Resident. As a result of his multiple research projects in the field of plastic surgery he has contributed to numerous peer-reviewed publications and has participated in National and International Meeting with presentations.
More about Dr. Salazar-Reyes achievements
- Netscher DT, Oluseyi A, Sandvall BK, Staines KG, Hamilton KL, Salazar-Reyes H, Thornby J. Functional outcomes of children with index pollicizations for thumb deficiency. Journal of Hand Surgery 2013; 38(2): 250-257
- Bidros RS, Salazar-Reyes H, Friedman JD. Subcutaneous temporal brow-lift under local anesthesia: a useful technique for periorbital rejuvenation. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2010; 30(6) 783-788
- Bruner TW, Salazar-Reyes H, Friedman JD. Umbilical Hernia Repair in Conjunction With Abdominoplasty: A Surgical Technique to Maintain Umbilical Blood Supply. Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2009; 29(4):333-334
- Spiegel A, Salazar-Reyes H, Izaddoost S, Khan FN. A novel method for neurotization of deep inferior epigastric perforator and superficial inferior epigastric artery flaps. Plast Reconstr Surg 2009; 123:29-30
- Arcovedo R, Barrera H, Reyes HS. Securing the appendiceal stump with the GEA extracorporeal sliding knot during laparoscopic appendectomy is safe and economical. Surg Endosc 2007; 21:1764-1767
- Staines, K; Salazar-Reyes, H; Crawford, M; Hipp, J; Norris, M Dynamic Pulley System for Management of Flexion Contractures Following Zone II Tendon Repair: A Case Study. Journal of Hand Therapy. J Hand Ther 2007; 20:360-361
- Arcovedo R, Larsen C, Reyes HS. Patient Factors Associated with a Faster Insertion of the Colonoscope. Surg Endosc 2007; 21:885-888.
- Leon, F. Salazar, H. Moreira, W. Angelini, P. Are muscular bridges capable of causing myocardial infarction? Tex Heart Inst J. 2006;33(4):539-40
- Leon F, Salazar H, Moreira W, Angelini P. Daughter, You Broke My Heart: Accidental Thrombosis at a Muscular Bridge. Tex Heart Inst J 2006; 33:380-382
- Salazar H, Varon J. Hypoxic Tissue Damage and the Protective Effect of Hypothermia. Crit Care & Shock 2005; 8:15-22
- Salazar-Reyes, H. Case presentation and relevants pearls for the orthopaedic surgeon’s daily practice. VII International Trauma and Orthopaedic Meeting. San Marcos National Hospital, San Marcos, Guatemala 07/17
- Salazar-Reyes, H. Upper third, middle third and lower third of the lower leg reconstructive options. VII International Trauma and Orthopaedic Meeting. San Marcos National Hospital, San Marcos, Guatemala 07/17
- Salazar-Reyes, H. Lower leg flaps relevant anatomy and blood supply. VII International Trauma and Orthopaedic Meeting. San Marcos National Hospital, San Marcos, Guatemala 07/17
- Salazar-Reyes, H. Advance tissue handling and complex wound closure. VII International Trauma and Orthopaedic Meeting. San Marcos National Hospital, San Marcos, Guatemala 07/17
- Salazar-Reyes, H. Plastic surgery myths and facts – Safety in plastic surgery. Sharp Health Care Community Outreach Program. San Diego, CA 06/2016
- Salazar-Reyes, H. Positive impact of breast reconstruction in the breast cancer patient. First Binational Congress of Health Promotors. San Diego, CA. 10/2015
- Salazar-Reyes H., Selected cases in Plastic Surgery Training. Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons. Houston, TX
- Salazar-Reyes H., Klebuc MJA. Supercharged Hemipelectomy Flaps. Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons. Austin/Bastrop, TX. 09/2013
- Salazar-Reyes H, Klebuc MJA. Salvage of infected vascular graft with antibiotic impregnated beads. International Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Vancouver, CAN. 05/2011
- Salazar-Reyes, H. International Surgery. Jungle surgery or US standards? A resident’s experience. General Surgery Grand Rounds. The Methodist Hospital, General Surgery program. Course Director: Barbara L. Bass. Houston, TX 03/2010
- Spiegel AJ, Salazar-Reyes, H The Use of thromboelastography as a guide to tailor the anticoagulation management in the microvascular surgical patient. American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery. Beverly Hills, CA. 01/2008
- Spiegel AJ, Salazar-Reyes H, Martinez S. Shaping Alloderm to overcome contour deformities in autologous breast reconstruction. Poster Presentation. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Baltimore, MD 10/2007
- Friedman J, Salazar-Reyes H, Bruner TW. Umbilical hernia repair in conjunction with abdominoplasty: A novel surgical technique to maintain umbilical blood supply. Poster Presentation. American Society of Plastic Surgenos. Baltimore, MD 10/2007
- Goldie, K, Salazar-Reyes H, Crawford M, Morgan N, Dynamic Pulley System for Management of Flexion. Contractures following Zone II Tendon Repair. American Society of Hand Therapists. Phoenix, AZ 10/2007
- Bidros RS, Salazar HR, and Friedman JD. Subcutaneous Temporal Brow Lift Under Local Anesthesia: A Useful Technique for Periorbital Rejuvenation. Presentation. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Baltimore, MD 10/2007
- Salazar-Reyes H, Hamaker J, Klebuc MJA. The use of Tobramycin-Vancomycin antibiotic beads in vascular graft infections. Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons. Austin/Bastrop, TX. 09/2007
- Bidros RS, Salazar HR, and Friedman JD. The lateral subcutaneous brow lift under local anesthesia. Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons. Austin/Bastrop, TX. 09/2007
- Spiegel AJ, Salazar-Reyes H, Dellon L. A novel method for neurotization of DIEP and SIEA Flaps; sensation assessment. World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery. Athens, Greece. 06/2007
- Cole P, Barenji C, Boyd V, Salazar-Reyes H, Hollier L. Two-Hundred and twenty-two consecutive pharyngeal flaps: An analysis of post-operative complications. American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association, 64th Annual Meeting. Broomfield, CO. 04/2007
- Cole P, Stephenson M, Higuera M, Salazar-Reyes H, Hollier L. Distraction rate and latency: Factors in the outcome of pediatric maxillary distraction. American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association, 64th Annual Meeting. Broomfield, CO. 04/2007
- Hollier LH Jr., Cole P, Salazar-Reyes H. Pierre Robin Syndrome alternative to mandibular distraction. Interactive Craniofacial, Cleft and Pediatric Plastic Surgery Symposium. Dallas, TX. 09/2006
- Arcovedo R, Larsen C, Salazar H. Patient factors associated with a faster insertion of the colonoscope. 10th World Congress of Endoscopic surgery. Berlin, Ger. 09/2006
- Arcovedo R, Barrera H, Salazar H. Securing the appendiceal stump with the GEA extracorporeal sliding knot during laparoscopic appendectomy is safe and economical. 10th World Congress of Endoscopic surgery. Berlin, Ger. 09/2006
- Arcovedo R, Barrera H, Salazar H. Securing the appendiceal stump with the GEA extracorporeal sliding knot during laparoscopic appendectomy is safe and economical. Poster Presentation. Society of American Gastrointestinal & Endoscopic Surgeons. Dallas, TX. 4/2006
- Salazar H, Bejos A. Analgesia and Anesthesia in Obstetrics. Poster Presentation. XXV Jornadas del Hospital Espanol de Mexico. Mexico City, MX. 02/2005.